2008 – GNDU – 2
Society for Neurochemistry (India) (SNCI)
Workshop on,”Basic Neurochemical Techniques for Young Neuroscientists”
Workshop on “Basic Neurochemical Techniques for Young Neuroscientists”
A maximum of 20 participants will be selected for the workshop. Students and junior faculty working in the area of Neuroscience are encouraged to apply. The selected participants will receive partial travel allowance within india and free local hospitality. The faculty of this workshop will comprise several national as well as international researchers in this field.
Department of Biotechnology, GNDU Amritsar
Prof. Gurcharan Kaur,
Professor and Head,
Department of Biotechnology, Guru Nanak Dev University,
Phone: 0183-2258431; Fax: 0183-2258272; Email: email@example.com
Conference email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposed hands-on techniques for the workshop:
- Mitochondrial isolation, electrophoresis and western blotting for molecular chaperon protein Mortalin expression in brain tissue.
- Immunohistofluorescent localization for molecular marker of brain plasticity, Neural Cell Adhesion Molecule (NCAM) and Glial Fibrillary Acidic Protein (GFAP) expression in the discrete regions of the rat brain.
- Establishing primary neuronal-glial cultures from rat cortex.
- Fluorescent In Situ Hybridisation (FISH) for mRNA expression studies of plasticity marker proteins.
- Extraction of total RNA from brain tissue and Northern Blotting.
- Determination of specific RNA transcripts using RT-PCR.
Session 1: Molecular aspects of brain aging.
Session 2: ISN sponsored session – Molecular mechanisms of neurological disorders.
Session 1: Neurodevelopment and neurodegeneration.
Session 2: Therapeutic use of natural products in treating neurodegenerative disorders.
Session 1: Young Scientist’s Colloguium.
Session 2: Neural plasticity and brain repair.
Session 3: Valedictory Function.
ISN Sponsored Symposium Speakers:
- Dr. Gary Landreth (USA)
- Dr. Inderjit Singh (USA)
- Dr. Sidhartha Tan (USA)
- Dr. Raghu Vemuganti (USA)
- Dr. Mark Cookson, (USA)
Other Overseas Speakers:
- Dr. Alfreda Stadlin (Australia)
- Dr. P.R. Dodd (Australia)
- Dr. Renu Wadhwa (Japan)
- Dr. SIS Rattan (Denmark)
- Dr. Sunil Kaul (Japan)
- Dr. Charanjit Kaur (Singapore)
- Dr. Vincent Prevot (France)
- Dr. K Sambamurthy (USA)
- Dr. NR Bhat (USA)
- Dr. Ghanshyam Panday (USA)
- Dr. K. Subba Rao, President SNCI, Hyderabad.
- Dr. K.P. Mohanakumar, IICB, Kolkata
- Dr. Prakash Babu, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad
- Dr. M.N. Subhash, NIMHANS, Bangalore
- Dr. B.S.Shankarnarayanrao, NIMHANS, Bangalore
- Dr. I. Patro, Gwalior University, Gwalior
- Dr. M.K. Thakur, BHU, Varanasi
- Dr. KS Jagannatha Rao, CFTRI, Mysore
- Dr. Anirban Basu, NBRC, Gurgaon
- Dr. Nihar Ranjan Jena, NBRC, Gurgaon
- Dr. C. Panneerselvam, ALMBMS, Madras
- Dr. Subrato Sinha, AIIMS, Delhi
- Dr. Amitabha Chattopadhyay, CCMB, Hyderabad
- Dr. Shashi Wadhwa, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Dr. Anita Jagota, Hyderabad.
- Dr. Mitradas Panicker, NCBS, Bangalore.
- Dr. C.S. Paulose, CUSAT, Cochin
- Dr. Omkumar, Trivandrum
- Dr. Sumantra Das, IICB, Kolkata
- Dr. B.G. Unni, RRL, Jorhat, Assam
- Dr. S.L. Maheshwari, Madras
- Dr. Srinivas Bharath, NIMHANS, Bangalore
- Dr. NR Jagannathan, AIIMS, Delhi
- Dr. Raj Mehra, AIIMS, New Delhi
- Dr. Ellora Sen, NBRC, Gurgaon
- Dr. S. Bapiraju, UoH, Hydrabad
Best Presentation Awards
There is couple of awards for the best oral and poster presentations. The authors presenting the paper should be a member of SNCI. The awards are
- Prof. T. Desiraju award for best oral presentation (Young scientist’s colloquium)
- Prof. Ch. R. K. Murthy memorial award for the best poster presentation.
The registration opens from 1st August, 2008. Registration forms and instructions for abstract submission are given in this circular. The last date for submission of abstracts is 15st September 2008.
Abstract Submission Instruction:
Deadline: September 15, 2008
All abstracts must be submitted electronically.
Each abstract should contain a sentence stating the study objective (unless given in the title); a brief statement of methods, if pertinent; a summary of the results obtained; and a statement of the conclusions.
Prepare your abstract in a Microsoft Word document (preferred format),
Rich Text Format, Plain Text, or Microsoft Word.
All text should be in Times New Roman, 9-point font.
Have the names and institutions for all your co-authors.
Limit your abstract to no more than 250 words including the title or authors.
Convener and Conference Secretariat
Prof. Gurcharan Kaur
Professor and Head
Department of Biotechnology, Guru Nanak Dev University
Phone: 0183-2258431; Fax: 0183-2258272;
Conference email: email@example.com