The Aims of the Society are
- to facilitate the advancement of neurochemistry and related neuroscience disciplines particularly in the asia-pacific region
- to foster the education and development of neurochemists, particularly of young and emerging investigators
- together with other sisters’ neurochemistry societies, we aim to disseminate information about neurochemistry and neurochemists’ activities throughout the world.
The APSN Biennial Meetings
As an international society, we choose meeting locations throughout the countries in the asia pacific region. Travel grants for young investigators to attend the meetings are available by application. Postdoctoral applicants should have received their Ph.D. or M.D. no more than 10 years ago. The travel grants are advertised in the APSN website nearing the date of APSN Meetings.
1. APSN Membership:
Regular members: Regular members are members who have the rights to vote and to hold office in the Society.
Student members: Registered students of recognized universities can join APSN as student members for FREE. Student members do not have the rights to vote and to hold office in the Society.
Corporate members: Corporations that are in businesses related to Neurochemistry or Neuroscience are welcome to join as
Corporate members. Corporate members do not have the rights to vote and to hold office in the Society.
2. Membership dues
Membership dues are charged to each individual member yearly from Jan 1 to Dec 31. In view of the large divergence in the economic status of Asian Pacific nations, there will be 4 different membership dues categories with annual dues set as follows:
Category I, US$40; II, US$30; III, US$20; and IV, US$10.
These categories are published by the World Bank, information can be found at the following website http://siteresources.worldbank.org/DATASTATISTICS/Resources/CLASS.XLS (Classification is reproduced below).
Corporate membership dues: US$100.
Student membership dues: FREE
3. Only individual paid-up members can enjoy the reduced registration fees at the Biennial Meetings of APSN.
4. PLEASE NOTE THAT REFUND OF MEMBERSHIP DUES IS NOT POSSIBLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES