Other Neurosciences Meetings
- 7th Biennial Meeting of the Asian-Pacific Society for Neurochemistry, Singapore. July,3-5,2006
- Institute of Neuroscience and Biomedical Research(INBR) announces a neuroscience congress in Owerri, Nigeria, July 10-13, 2006. The Congress promises to be very educative, very informative and groundbreaking in terms of high caliber topics to be discussed. The Theme of the Meeting “ENVIRONMENT AND THE DEVELOPING BRAIN” would afford scientists and policy makers the opportunity to review where we have come from, where we are and where we are going in terms of myriads of environmental hazards that have affect the human central nervous system, with consequent disordered behaviour and intractable diseases. The situation of Africa and the Third World with regard to environmental impact on growth and development of the CNS is very pathetic. Hence the timely nature of this gathering of scientists. Come to Owerri, take a holiday and enjoy the unique hospitality of Africa typified in the Nigerian people; get involved in the open market fun; taste the various exotic cuisines; enjoy the beauty of the diverse culture and the ever-pleasant weather. In addition to the scientific deliberations, we have planned exciting social and cultural programmes including pre and post Congress tours for you and your family. Many distinguished speakers will be there. So wherever you are and whatever you are doing, we want you to join us in this Congress at Owerri in 2006 and savor the best of African hospitality. Be part of history. CONGRESS VENUE is CONCORDE HOTEL (The five star pearl of the East), www.imoconcordehotel.com; [email protected] Contact persons: Dr. Iheanyi Okoro, [email protected], Dr. Richard Brown, [email protected], Dr. Polycarp Nwoha (Congress President), [email protected] For more information visit www.inbr2006.org
- August 15 – 18, 2006, Lausanne, Switzerland The 7th International Conference on Brain Energy Metabolism. The meeting’s goal is to bring together junior and senior scientists from the international community for a 3-day conference to discuss neuron-glial interactions from the point of view of molecular, cellular, and metabolic processes related to nutrition, signaling, imaging functional activities with different technical modalities, modeling physiological processes, and understanding diseases linked to energy metabolism. Abstracts (oral and poster) will be accepted until May 1, 2006. Travel grants are available. For further information visit: http://icbem.epfl.ch
- ISDN 2006 – 16th Biennial Meeting of the International Society for Developmental Neuroscience. August 24-28, 2006. developmental-neuroscience.org/meetings.html
- 49th Annual Meeting of Japanese Society of Neurochemistry (JSN) We hereby announce you the holding of the 49th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Neurochemistry (JSN) in Nagoya International Convention Center, on 14-16 September 2006. This time, the 28th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Biological Psychiatry and 36th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Neuropsychopharmacology join us, and planning cooperatively a greater agenda to give all attendances a well-rounded experience ever. We also boast of inviting Nobel prize laureates, Professor Arvid Carlsson and Professor Susumu Tonegawa as plenary speakers. With every participant to whom gathering there, we hope sharing an exciting, productive, and enjoyable time. We are looking forward to seeing you in Nagoya. (From the coming Meeting President Prof. T. Nabeshima, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine)
- 16th Neuropharmacology Conference;Long Term Potentiation (LTP), Forty unforgettable Years; Satellite to the 2006 meeting of the Society for Neuroscience. October 11-13, 2006. Atlanta, USA. www.neuropharmacology-conference.elsevier.com.Secretariat-Tracey Collier: [email protected]. Abstract submission deadline: 16th June 2006
- The 2nd Announcement of the 4th FAONS Congress (Nov 30 – Dec 2, 2006) to be held in Hong Kong can be found in the following websites: psipower.psi.cuhk.edu.hk/faonsand www.ibro.info The deadline for abstract submission is: July 31, 2006. Ample travel grants for young neuroscientists will be sponsored by FAONS and IBRO (Asia-Pacific Regional Committee). Details can be found in the website.
- The 8th International Conference on Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases will be held in Salzburg, Austria, March 14 – 18, 2007. The Conference will discuss the latest progress made in research on AD/PD and related diseases. Oral and Poster presentations are available. Proceedings will be published. For all further information please visit our web site at: http://www.kenes.com/adpd
- The IXth International Meeting on Cholinesterases will be held in Suzhou of China on May 6th to10th, 2007. The Meeting web page is: http://ihome.ust.hk/~ixche/ and the contact email is [email protected].
- 17th ESN Meeting – 3rd Conference on Advances in Molecular Mechanisms of Neurological Disorders will be held in Salamanca, Spain, May 19-22, 2007. The First Announcement and Call for Workshop Proposals can be found at www.neurochemsoc.eu. The deadline for Submission Workshop Proposals is July 15th, 2006.
- 7th IBRO World Congress Melbourne, Australia July 12-17, 2007. The next IBRO International Congress of Neuroscience aspires to be a show-case of the excellent work carried out in the broad spectrum of neuroscience. Plenary speakers include Nobelist Peter Agre, Mu Ming Poo, Edvard Moser, Lily Jan, Herta Flor, Norio Akaike, Simon Gandevia and Mandyam Srinivasan. In addition, there will be 64 symposia and 17 satellite meetings. Melbourne is one of the most dynamic cities of the Asia-Pacific region.